Friday, March 14, 2014

Hey, Where the Hell Have YOU Been?

Hello all!
Let me just say I have been swamped with this semester so far.  Last semester was a breeze compared to this one, and I’m only taking one class!  WTF, yo!
Last semester was pretty easy for me.  I had one on-line class and one brick-and-mortar class on Saturdays.  I knew I was in deep shit when I was the only one to show up to class with pen, paper, and THE BOOK!  Seriously?  I had to share my book with 2 other students.  Also, I was the only one taking notes!  Again, seriously?  Did you not go to high school before you got here?  Well, needless to say, I aced that class! 
My on-line class was pretty straight forward, too.  I got questions I had all week to answer.  No tests, no final exam.  Just a research paper due at the end of the semester.  Again, passed with flying colors.  Was it stressful?  Of course, it was!  But, I made it through mostly unscathed.
This semester, on the other hand, on-line class is much more involved.  It’s been difficult for me to get any writing done because I’ve been so caught up in this particular class.  The subject is U.S. History up to post Civil War.  I thought it would be a blast!  Yeah, not so much.  It’s hard for me to explain, but it seems to be sucking the passion I have for U.S. history out of me.  Is it the exams or the discussion questions?  All I know is that I feel mentally kicked when I get done EVERY DAMN TIME!  It’s making it really not fun.  Will I pass?  Lord, I hope so, but only time will tell.
So, as I’m preparing myself to start writing a paper for this class, I just want everyone to know I’m alive and well.
On a side note, I’ve also had the worst case of writer’s block.  I keep kicking around ideas to write about, but I’m not sure if I’m ready to piss people off at this point.  I did warn you that I’m most likely going to offend people because what I write is my opinion and that’s what this whole thing is about.  However, I’m not sure, at this time, if I can take the backlash.  So, bear with me while I try to find the balls I had when I started. 
Wish me luck, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment